Sarah and Natalie, readers of this site, wrote to share lists of resources she has found helpful in her own work to prepare her community for disasters. They are not mutual aid projects, but they are resources that might help people engaging with mutual aid work, so I am including them here. Thanks for the research, Sarah!
- CDC Guide to Extreme Heat
- Disaster Preparedness at Home: Filter Out the Damage
- Disaster Prep & Self Storage – What You Need to Know
- PA DMV Emergency Driving Tips
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors & the Disabled
- Humane Society – Protect Your Pets
- Disaster Safety for Renters
- Ready for Anything: First Aid for Pets
- Homeowners Guide to Lightning Safety
- Preparing for Disasters in Your Home: What to Buy, What to Skip
- Emergency Preparedness and Pets
- Important Legal Document for Disaster Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors
- How to Organize and Prepare for Disasters
These resources are from mainstream sources like the US government and insurance and real estate companies, so people engaging in mutual aid for vulnerable communities may have to do a lot of reading between the lines to find what is most useful here. But in case any of it is useful, I’m posting it.